Beloit College
Banner Image

Chapin Hall

Chapin Hall (First)

Location: where Chamberlin Hall was
Ground Broken: February 1891
Opening: September 8, 1891
Architect: Professor A.W. Burr
Cost: $27,000
Named: for the first president, Aaron Lucius Chapin (1850-1886)
Renovations: during WWI an annex was built
- 1920: a porch was added
- 1935: redecoration, rewiring, installation of showers.
- 1955: parlor enlarged

Used: residence hall, Y.M.C.A. headquarters in 1901, Army infirmary in the fall of 1918, faculty women's club in 1923
Razed: 1965

 

 


Chapin Hall (Central Hall)

Ground Broken: Fall 1957
Opened: 1958
Architect: Maurice Webster
Named: for the first president, Aaron Lucius Chapin (1850-1886)
Used: residence and dining