Class Agent Volunteers
We are currently seeking class agents in the following classes: 1935, 1937, 1938, 1940, 1954, 1973, 1989, 1993, 1995, 2004.
Contact Katie Biscoe'01 for more information or to volunteer.
Click here for the complete list of class agents.
Class Agent Job Description
The Class Agent program provides a vital link between the College and its alumni. Class Agents are key leaders in the College's efforts to maximize class unity among classmates and peers and to increase support from alumni through participation in annual giving to the Beloit Fund. Class Agents also serve as principal news brokers for their class.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Beloit College by making an early annual financial gift. Leadership by example is critical to the success of the class fundraising effort.
- Write solicitation appeals to members in the class, urging them to make a financial commitment to Beloit College prior to the end of the fiscal year (May 31). Class Agents are encouraged to draft a personal letter, then individually sign each one - with a handwritten note, where appropriate.
- Maintain regular communication with the Class Agent Coordinator. Work to develop and achieve class dollar and alumni-participation goals for each year.
- Solicit gifts from class members through personal contact - especially classmates whom you know well, but who do not currently support Beloit.
- Educate classmates about the importance of increased unrestricted annual giving to the College; encourage participation in any challenges that the College is promoting.
- Inform the Development Office of classmates' changes to biographical information (new addresses, phone numbers, employment, and family-status). Encourage classmates to send updates and news to the College for possible inclusion in the class notes section of Beloit College Magazine.
- Actively participate in mailings and contact events.
- Work with the Development Office to identify major gift prospects.
- Attend alumni events whenever possible.
- Register in My Beloit and create or join your class group to engage classmates in a virtual forum.
- "Spread the word" about Beloit College to alumni, business and professional contacts, as well as neighbors and friends. Serve as liaison for classmates, External Affairs and Admissions.