BRAG Organizers Needed!
The Office of Alumni Affairs is looking for Beloit alumni to plan and host Beloit Regional Alumni Group (BRAG) events across the country. It's simple, fun, and very rewarding. Volunteer today or contact the Office of Alumni Affairs for more information!
Here's how it works:
1. You pick the date, time, and location of the BRAG event and make local arrangements.
2. We handle invitations and RSVPs.
3. We'll either come to your event to help you host or we'll send you a BRAG kit containing everything you'll need, including name tags for your guests.
Tips for Volunteers
- Beloiters are a diverse group; check for global and religious holidays when picking your date.
- Plan the event 6-7 weeks out. Print invites have a one week turn-around time and should go out about a month prior to the event. Note: a shorter time-frame will be accomodated by email invites only.
- Always plan for visiting time. If the event is a theater production or sporting event, plan for pre- or post-show drinks or a tailgate party.
- Rule of thumb is about 15-20% of invited alumni attend an event. See the distribution below and book space accordingly.
- Personal calls from the host always boosts attendance.
- Event Ideas
- Reception at a hotel or restaurant
- Cocktail party or pot luck at your home
- Family picnic at a local park
- Welcome party for recent grads and accepted students
- Brewery or winery tour and tasting
- "Insiders" tour of your workplace, a museum, or local attraction
- Faculty or Alumni lecture
- Tailgate party at a sporting event
- Alumni artist exhibits, openings
- Alumni author readings and signings
- Community service project
- Scrabble tournement
- Monthly book club or business breakfast
- Learning workshops (yoga, CPR, self-defense, dancing, etc.)
- Wisconsin Party - brats, beer and cheese!
- Ultimate Frisbee Game
Alumni in the United States (click to download pdf)