This year, we welcome 341 first-year students from 35 states and 13 countries. Out of the 341 students, 25 are new degree-seeking transfer students and 15 are new exchange students.
The new students come from as far away as the Bahamas, Romania and South Korea and from as close as the city of Beloit. In fact, eight students come from Beloit Memorial, F.J. Turner, Brodhead, Hononegah and Craig High Schools.
The top student-producing states from which the new students hail are Illinois (78), Wisconsin (50), Minnesota (20), Texas (15), California (14), Massachusetts (10) and New York (9).
Among the members of the first-year class are:
- 89 National Honor Society members
- 53 team captains
- 118 varsity letter-winners
- 10 students who spent a semester or more overseas during high school
- 14 class/student body presidents
- 20 literary journal/student newspaper editors
- Five Eagle Scouts/Gold Award winners
- 36 students who have completed substantial internships
- Nine valedictorians
The first-years and all other students are invited to partake in the “Welcome to Our Town” event on Friday, Aug. 30 at the Harry C. Moore Pavilion located in Beloit’s Riverside Park. The event, featuring live music and Culver’s custard, is free and open to the public--you can learn more about this event sponsored by the Alumni Office and Friends of Riverfront here.